Associate of Arts and Sciences (UW-Superior)
UW-Superior offers all coursework for the Associate of Arts and Sciences degree online. This degree includes the complete general education program as well as elective courses. Completing the Associate of Arts and Sciences can be an accomplishment in itself, or a milestone in progress toward the Bachelor's Degree.
Associate Degree Requirements
- Completion of 60 credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Completion of 24 credits from UW-Superior, including the last 12 credits
- Completion of UW-Superior General Education Core Requirements:
- COMM 110
- HHP 102
- WRIT 101
- WRIT 102
- MATH Requirement
- Completion of the UW-Superior Diversity and Non-Western Requirements
- Completion of UW-Superior Knowledge Categories:
- Social Sciences
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Fine and Applied Arts
- The Fine and Applied Arts Aesthetic Experience requirement must be completed by one of the following courses: ART 101; COMM 125, 200, 273; MUSI 104-116, 118, 120-139; WRIT 251, 252, 253, or 350.
- An additional three credits in the Natural Sciences - BIOL, CHEM, GEOL, or PHYS
- An additional three credits in the Social Sciences - ANTH, ECON, POLS, SOCI, or PSYC
- An additional four credits from any of the following disciplines: ANTH, Art History, BIOL, CHEM, CSCI, ECON, ENGL, Film/Theatre History and/or Appreciation, World Languages, GEOG, GEOL, HIST, FNS, MATH (except MATH 095 or 099), Music History and/or Appreciation, PHIL, PHYS, POLS, PSYC, SOCI, WST, or WRIT (except WRIT 099, 101, or 102).
- At least two courses, excluding core requirements, in a single discipline
Total credits required for completion: 60
- All applicants must complete the University of Wisconsin Online application and pay application fees as required.
- Degree-seeking students must have official transcripts from all institutions previously attended sent to the Admissions Office, UW-Superior, PO Box 2000, Superior, WI 54880. You are required to have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 in previous college work.
- If you have earned 12 credits or less, you must have a) successfully completed English 101 and a math course at the level of Math 100 or above, or b) successfully have completed the Wisconsin Placement Tests for Math and English earning scores required for eligibility to register for 100-level English and math courses.
- Non-degree seeking students complete the University of Wisconsin Online Application, selecting Visitor/Guest Student at the Undergraduate Level. Special Student Applications do not require transcripts from previous institutions. You may enroll for any course for which you have met prerequisites except those in Teacher Education, which require admission to Teacher Education before enrollment.