Liberal Studies BLS (UW Oshkosh)
A liberal studies degree allows students to combine coursework in a number of disciplines to help them develop a broad base of skills necessary for becoming a leader in the workplace. Students who pursue a BLS degree develop critical thinking and conflict management skills through creative and innovative problem solving. Coursework focuses on:
- Contemporary global issues and problems
- Research and reporting skills
- Workplace and communication trends
- Popular culture in the mass media
- Development of scientific ideas
- Environmental issues
Students can declare their degree in Liberal Studies or have the ability to choose from one of the following emphases:
- Leadership Development
- Organizational Administration
When you pursue a bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies, you will develop a broad base of understanding in a variety of areas. The challenging courses are well-suited to students with broad-ranging interests. These courses:
- Offer a broad range of liberal arts, humanities and social sciences classes
- Develop verbal and written communication skills
- Enhance decision-making capabilities
- Expand problem-solving abilities
Whatever your career path, the Bachelor of Liberal Studies provides you with the tools to develop your creativity and cultural awareness, embrace new technology and prepare you to become a life-long learner.
To earn a Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree with an emphasis in Leadership Development, you will need to complete:
- General Education Courses 42 credits
- Required Courses 24 credits
- Liberal Studies elective courses 9 credits
- Elective and/or Minor Courses 45 credits
Total credits required for completion: 120
Download the Bachelor of Liberal Studies Curriculum Planning Guide.
Applying to the Center for New Learning is different than applying for college when you graduate from high school. So, if you've misplaced your ACT scores or you've missed the regular University of Wisconsin Oshkosh application deadlines-don't worry!
Send the following items to:
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
P.O. Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
- $44 check payable to University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (Please note: You do not need to send this fee if your last school attended was a University of Wisconsin System two-year college OR if you previously attended University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and have not attended another college/university since you left.)
- Official transcripts from each college/university you previously attended. If you previously attended the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, send official transcripts from any other colleges/universities you attended. (Please note: You may need to send a written request and/or payment of a fee before a college or university will mail your official transcripts.)
- If you earned fewer than 30 college credits: High school/GED official transcript and records. Once accepted, you will receive an official acceptance letter from the Center for New Learning. You are encouraged to meet with your advisor for an orientation session.