Advanced Project Management Certificate (UW-Platteville)
UW-Platteville offers two online project management certificates. These certificates are separate from the Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM) program, but credit earned for them may be applied toward completion of the MSPM. To earn a certificate, students must complete all of the required courses through UW-Platteville. All courses must be taken under the direction of University of Wisconsin-Platteville faculty. Transferred courses and course substitutions are not allowed.
The advanced certificate is available for those who have mastered basic project management skills and wish to continue their education.
Some of the courses have pre-requisites that may be waived for certified Project Management Professionals.
- PM 7030 Project Risk Management
- PM 7050 Project Procurement Management
And choose one of the following three:
- PM 7040 Interpersonal Skills for Project Managers
- PM 7060 Advanced Project Management Tools and Techniques
- PM 7980 Independent Study in Project Management (1-4 cr.)
Total credits required for completion: 9
To obtain a certificate, students must:
- Achieve a minimum grade of "C" in each course for the certificate program
- Complete the certificate program with a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Request a certificate from the Distance Learning Center within one year upon completion of the final course in the certificate