Project Management Certificate (UW-Parkside)
Project management has gained tremendous importance in the past few decades. In the current environment where many companies are outsourcing their business processes, the ability to manage complex projects involving diverse teams both domestically and internationally has become an increasingly desirable skill for employers nationwide. This program is ideal for:
- Project managers and team members in all areas of businesses who want to acquire or enhance their project management skills
- Project managers preparing to take the PMP certification examination.
- Business and non-business majors who are looking for online elective courses that may be transferable to their degree program
- Networking opportunities. Learn from and with other project managers.
- Relevant work situations. Benefits from the experience and insights of faculty who have extensive expertise in the project management field and apply what you learn to your current work.
- PMP Exam preparation. Gain valuable skills and knowledge around core content on the PMP (Project Management Professionals) certification examination.
- Flexibility. Online coursework at the time and place that fits your schedule.
- Support. Our program offers personalized student services, including academic advising.
To obtain the project management certificate, students must complete all the four courses listed below. Students must receive a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
- PMGT 341 Basics of Project Management (3 credits)
- PMGT 342 Essential Personal Skills for Project Management (3 credits)
- PMGT 441 Advanced Project Management Tools and Techniques (3 credits)
- PMGT 442 Project Management Simulation (3 credits)
These courses will help the students prepare for the Project Management Professional certification exam offered by the prestigious Project Management Institute (PMI). The above courses cover the Project Management Breadth of Knowledge (PMBoK) material emphasized by the PMI.
Each of the four required courses is expected to cost about $950. Textbooks for each course are expected to cost about $100.
Total credits required for completion: 12
For a student to be enrolled in the Project Management Certificate program, he/she must meet at least one of the following requirements.
- Junior standing at Wisconsin-Parkside or another university
- An undergraduate degree
- 3 years of business experience, preferably at midlevel management or above or at an entrepreneurial firm
- Associate degree and 1 year of business experience preferably at midlevel management or above or at an entrepreneurial firm