Project Management Certificate (UW-Platteville)
UW-Platteville offers two online project management certificates. These certificates are separate from the Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM) program, but credit earned for them may be applied toward completion of the MSPM. To earn a certificate, students must complete all of the required courses through UW-Platteville. All courses must be taken under the direction of University of Wisconsin-Platteville faculty. Transferred courses and course substitutions are not allowed.
Together, the courses in this certificate address the nine knowledge areas of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOKÂ®), providing many of the competencies needed to prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMPÂ®) certification exam.
- PM 7010 Project Management Techniques I
- PM 7020 Project Management Techniques II
- BSAD 5540 Quality Management OR BSAD7540 Advanced Quality Management
Total credits required for completion: 9
To obtain a certificate, students must:
- Achieve a minimum grade of "C" in each course for the certificate program
- Complete the certificate program with a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Request a certificate from the Distance Learning Center within one year upon completion of the final course in the certificate