Transition Specialist Certificate (UW-Whitewater)
The online Transition Specialist Certificate is 15 graduate credits. All credits may count toward a MSE in special education through the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
The courses are:
- SPECED 702 REFLECTIVE PRACTICE AND ACTION RESEARCH- online
- SPECED 703 PROMOTING REFORM THROUGH COLLABORATIVE LEADERSHIP- hybrid course
- SPECED 706 VOCATIONAL ASSESSMENT OF STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS -online
- SPECED 781 SCHOOL-TO-WORK TRANSITIONAL PROGRAMMING -online
- SPECED 704 APPLIED FIELD ACTION RESEARCH IN SPECIAL EDUCATION-independent study with a one-to-one faculty mentor
Completion of the capstone course, Applied Action Research in Special Education (SPECED 704), represents the final requirement for the Transition Specialist Certificate.
Total credits required for completion: 15
Students must meet the admission requirements outlined in the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Graduate Catalog. No additional requirements are set by the Department of Special Education. Applying is easy. Access our application by visiting our Graduate School applications page.
Letters of recommendation are not required. You do need to send in transcripts and the 56.00 application fee.