Nursing Practice DNP (UW-Milwaukee)
The Online Post-Masters DNP is an excellent option for those with an advanced practice nursing focused Master's degree looking to complete a terminal degree with a clinical focus. In this DNP program, students are admitted as a cohort and progress with the scheduled online course offerings as part-time students. This 28-credit program includes a required 4-credit clinical residency (460 clock hours).
Practitioners with a Doctor of Nursing Practice have the experience and expertise to meet the healthcare needs of the future. They have the advanced practice knowledge and leadership skills to strengthen healthcare delivery, patient outcomes and system management.
Total credits required for completion: 28
The admission requirements of the Post Master's DNP program are consistent with those of the Graduate School of UWM. In addition, students must meet the following requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a professionally accredited program
- Submission of a resume or curriculum vita
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale for all previous graduate coursework (with all transfer and repeated courses included in the calculation)
- Completion, with a grade of B or higher, of an undergraduate level course in statistics
- Current nursing licensure in one of the jurisdictions of the United States
- Completion of the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) General Test within the last five years
- Completion of an autobiographical sketch with specific attention to the areas outlined on the Guide to the Application Process.
- Three forms of recommendation for graduate study in nursing, two of which are knowledgeable about the applicants' recent academic and work experiences