Business Administration MBA (UW–Whitewater)
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater offers an MBA with online course delivery that is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Recognized as a top business school by both US News & World Report and the Princeton Review, the flexible course of study allows students to complete their degrees on a full or part-time basis from any place in the world.
UW-W's tuition represents superior value. Students may complete their coursework entirely online, but they may also take a combination of online and traditional courses. Regardless of whether courses are taken online or traditionally, students receive the same degree. Transcripts do not reflect the instructional methodology. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the University of Wisconsin System.
Doctorally qualified faculty teach all classes, engaging students in active learning through case analyses, online discussions, and team projects. The MBA at UW-Whitewater allows students to tailor their programs to their needs by offering emphases in finance, human resource management, international business, IT management, management, marketing, and operations and supply chain management.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater has been offering its MBA degree online since 1998. Students need only a web browser and fast (broadband) Internet access to view online class materials and participate in course discussions, projects, and other interactive course work.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is designed to provide students with an advanced understanding of how individual, team, and organization-level behavior affects organizational operations.
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater's flexible Online MBA program fits around your schedule. Associate Dean Dr. John Chenoweth provides personalized assistance to tailor the program to your needs. Total credits required for completion: 36
To be admitted to the program in "good standing" academically, students will need:
- A baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited school.
- At least a 3.00 GPA (on a 4.00 basis) in all the graduate work previously completed at UW-Whitewater, with no grades of P or I.
- One of the following:
- At least a 2.75 overall grade point average in the undergraduate degree program.
- At least a 2.90 grade point average in the last half of the undergraduate degree program.
- A master's degree or higher from an institution regionally accredited at the corresponding graduate level.
- Completion of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a composite score of at least 1000 based on the formula: GPA x 200 + GMAT score = 1000+ or a composite score of at least 1050 based upon the formula: GPA from last half of undergrad program x 200 + GMAT = 1050+.
- A test of English as a Second Language (TOEFL) score of at least 550 or the equivalent on another exam for students from countries where English is not the native language.
Students not meeting these qualifications may seek admission on an "academic probationary" basis.