Sustainable Management Master of Science (Collaborative Degree)
In today's world, understanding how to balance natural, social, and financial systems has become increasingly important for helping you reach your career goals and become an effective leader in business, industry, and nonprofit organizations. Students who graduate with an online Master of Science in Sustainable Management can expect to have a strong foundation for leading change in their current organizations or building new careers that require systems-thinking skills.
Designed for working adults with real-world experience, this online master's degree program offers flexibility to help students balance family, job, and other commitments.
If you have a bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited university and a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, you may apply directly to the program. Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission but should speak with an adviser.
The program outcomes are specific areas of content knowledge that must be mastered to earn your degree and succeed in your career in sustainable management.
- Effectively communicate complex issues related to sustainability
- Analyze the relationship between human activity and the natural, social, and economic environments
- Apply performance metrics utilizing financial, natural, and social capital to drive organizational decision making
- Understand and synthesize the role and impact of the built environment
- Evaluate the social and political impact of sustainability in political systems and their obligations to future generations
- Examine how organizational leaders develop and enable sustainable organizations
- Apply sustainable management principles to impact the design of products, processes, energy production and use, waste minimization, and pollution prevention
Current, cutting-edge curriculum has been developed by faculty from five UW campuses with input from within the industry to make sure our learning objectives are current and valuable to future employers. The 14-course (34 credits) online Sustainable Management master's program is a collaborative effort of: