The eCampus community may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a "Community Service" and collectively "Community Services"). You agree to use the Community Services only to post, send, and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular community in which you are enrolled. By way of example, and not as sole limitation, you agree that when using the Community Services, you will not:
- Use the Community Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, slander, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others (such as rights of privacy and publicity).
- Publish, post, upload, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as sole limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity), unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Community Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or the property of another.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Community Services specifically allow such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Community Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations, or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Community Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines that may be applicable for any particular Community Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including, but not limited to, names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Community Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
University of Wisconsin System eCampus
5602 Research Park Boulevard, Suite 300
Madison, Wisconsin 53719